|Japanese Voice Actor||Yuki Matsuoka|
|English Voice Actor||Stephanie Sheh|
Orihime is a teenage female of average height. She has brown eyes and long, waist-length, blut orange hair which is fuller and waiver with her hair bangs framing over her face and ears. Her most noticable physical trait is her slender yet curvaceous figure for a teenager, escpecially in terms of her large breasts. She wears hair clips on her left collar of her casual and school uniforms, instead of wearing them tucked behind her ears beside her bangs.
Her casual outfit consist of a yellow short-sleeved, open light-jacket with a pink long-sleeved undershirt with a high collar. She also wears a pink, ankle-length skirt with light-pink highlight, and a pair of brown high-calf boots. Orihime also wears the standard college uniform when she's at Karakura College.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Shun Shun RikkaEdit
- Shun Shun Rikka - Orihime's spiritual power manifests itself as six fairy-like creatures. No one can see these fairy-like creatures but her and other spiritually aware beings. They reside in her hair-clips which are shaped like six-pedaled flowers, each fairy is two points on a given clip when inactive. Through various combinations of the six fairies, Orihime has the power to reject fate by denying or undoing events in various forms. This power can be used for attack, defense, or healing (depending on the combination). Orihime's mood directly influences the effectiveness of her powers. Feelings like doubt or worry make them weaker, while conviction makes them stronger.
- Ayame (Iris) - Ayame is a shy female spirit covered in a dress larger than her body. She is capable of healing together with Shun'o.
- Baigon (Ume) - Baigon is a bald male spirit with a mask that covers the bottom of his face. He is brawny and has a large body. He is capable of shielding Orihime from attacks along with Hinagiku and Lily.
- Hinagiku (Daisy) - Hinagiku is a male spirit with a large eye patch that ends in a horn and is highly energetic. He is capable of shielding Orihime from attacks along with Baigon and Lily.
- Lily (Lily) - Lily is a female spirit with bright pink hair, transparent yellow goggles, and a blue bathing suit. She has a tattoo on her backside. She is capable of shielding Orihime from attacks along with Baigon and Hinagiku.
- Shun'o (Althea) - Shun'o is a friendly young female spirit with a topknot. She and Tsubaki are usually the ones who talk to Orihime. She is capable of healing together with Ayame.
- Tsubaki (Camellia) - Tsubaki is a fiery male spirit who is the only Shun Shun Rikka capable of direct attack. He often strikes anyone who gets on his nerves (including Orihime). Because he is primarily focused on attacking, he is vulnerable to counter-attacks and has been injured several times. The stronger Orihime's anger and killing intent, the more powerful he becomes. However, Orihime's timid nature limits his overall power and has contributed to his injuries in the past. At one point, Tsubaki was killed by the Espada Yammy Llargo, who crushed Tsubaki into tiny pieces. Orihime was distraught by this, and since the pieces were too small to find, she couldn't bring Tsubaki back. But due to meeting Hachigen, who said Orihime's powers were similar to his, Tsubaki is restored by Hachigen despite having no pieces of him.
- Santen Kesshun (Three Sacred Links Shield) - Orihime's defensive power. The incantation arranges Hinagiku, Lily, and Baigon into a triangle that has the ability to repel the "outer shield." A 'shield' is raised between her and her enemy, and they repel the attack she receives. Because the barrier rejects negative events, it can also function as an airbag of sorts, allowing Orihime and anyone else nearby to survive a potentially lethal fall unharmed.
- Soten Kisshun (Twin Sacred Return Shield) - Orihime's healing power. The incantation summons Ayame and Shun'o to form a half-oval barrier around whatever or whomever Orihime wishes. Their ability is to repel the "inner shield." The shield placed inside means that they repel the damage within a limited area. In other words, they return a subject covered by the shield to the state that they were before taking damage. Orihime is capable of fully restoring Grimmjow's destroyed arm from nothing, to which Sosuke Aizen deduces this as "The Rejection of Events". Her ability is to limit, reject, and negate any kind of event that has happened to her target. It is an ability that returns her target to its former state no matter what has happened to them. Yasochika Iemura comments that the technique's healing speed is potentially faster than Isane Kotetsu and his own. However, it is far more powerful than "Temporal Regression" or "Spatial Regression" as it easily tramples into the horizon of events that God has decided. It is a power that trespasses into God's territory. Originally Orihime wasn't able to restore a destroyed Tsubaki but Hachigen Ushoda states that her reiatsu she should have powers very close to his own, therefore she should be able to restore him to his original form even without a shattered fragment. Later, she is fully capable of resurrect the dead. While Orihime can heal wounds quickly, it takes her longer to replenish the patient's Reiatsu. Large amounts of foreign spiritual pressure also make healing more difficult.
- Koten Zanshun (Solidarity Sacred Cutting Shield) - Orihime's offensive power. The incantation summons Tsubaki who has the ability to repel "both sides of the shield." He breaks through the enemy, puts up a shield inside, and repels the combined substance, thus splitting the enemy in two. One blow from Koten Zanshun can critically wound and even kill strong opponents. While Tsubaki can cut through basically anything, Orihime's general dislike of combat and hesitance to use lethal force degrades the effectiveness of the technique, making him easy to counter and equally easy to injure.
- Shiten Koshun (Shield of Four Heaven's Resistance) - One of Orihime's newest techniques. It combines Shun Shun Rikka's offensive and defensive properties. The incantation integrates Tsubaki into the center of her Santen Kesshun ability, creating a pyramidal shield which, at the very instant of receiving an attack, disperses the resultant force as a concentrated explosion which is automatically returned along the attack's opposing trajectory.
- Jo-Kan (Purifying Light) - An offensive technique used exclusively by Orihime. She claps her hands together, summoning energy from her own person. Then, depending on how much energy she summons, she unleashes an orange energy from both hands. Despite its Cero-like nature, this technique does not do damage to the surrounding environment. However, opponents that Orihime have specifically targeted are disintegrated at a rapid rate. One cannot feel pain while being disintegrated, due to the kind heart of Orihime (hence the name of purifcation). One that is not targeted by Orihime and caught in this technique is not affected.
- Spiritual Awareness - Orihime has a good amount of skill in detecting spiritual energy as well as seeing spirits and ghosts.
- Average Spiritual Power
- High Physical Durability - Orihime is strong enough to survive separate assaults by Loly and Menoly, which involved physical attacks and the use of Bala, and minor assaults by Nnoitra and Tesra. It is also stated by a few people that she has a strong head.
- Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant - While a pacifist by nature, Orihime has shown to have a natural talent for martial arts. She reveals that Tatsuki has trained her somewhat in karate. According to Tatsuki, Orihime has the fighting skill of a black belt.
- Memory Chikan Resistance - Orihime was able to recall the event of her brother fighting Ichigo Kurosaki, even though the memory chikan has been used on her by Rukia.
List of Moves and TechniquesEdit
- Unamed Father (Deceased)
- Unamed Mother (Deceased)
- Unmaed Aunt
- Sora Inoue (Brother, Deceased)
- Ichigo Kurosaki (Childhood friend and boyfriend)
- Rukia Kuchiki (Best friend, close as sisters)
- Uryu Ishida (Close friend)
- Yasutora Sado (Close friend)
- Renji Abarai
- Karin Kurosaki
- Yuzu Kurosaki
- Tatsuki Arisawa (Schoolmate and Best Friend)
- Keigo Asano
- Chizuru Honsho
- Urahara Shop
- Toshiro Hitsugaya
- Rangiku Matsumoto
- Ikkaku Madarame
- Yumichika Ayasegawa
- Shuhei Hisagi
- Momo Hinamori
- Yachiru Kusajishi
- Kenpachi Zaraki
- Ino Yamanaka
- Hinata Hyuga
- Sakura Haruno
- Cream the Rabbit
- Amy Rose
- Sally Acorn
- Candace Spartan
- Sosuke Aizen
- Gin Ichimaru
- Kaname Tosen
- The Bounts
- The Espada
- Oko Yushima
- Sojiro Kusaka
- (to Ichigo Kurosaki)